11th Dec 2012 - Goals - How to achieve your goals
How to achieve your goals
I was asked to write down both my personal and work goals at work today. With a piece of card and a pen, I sat at my desk wondering why I was doing this. After delving into the depths of my thoughts and imagination I managed to write everything I wanted both in my personal life and at work in the future.
Why do we Create Future Goals
This then led me to wonder, why do we create future goals, do they work and how do we achieve them? Do they work, the answer undoubtedly is yes. Would you set out a long journey without knowing at least the direction of which you are going or your destination? Probably not! Goal setting is a powerful process for thinking about your ideal future, and for motivating yourself to turn your vision of this future into reality.
The process of setting goals helps you choose where you want to go in life. By knowing precisely what you want to achieve, you know where you have to concentrate your efforts. You'll also quickly spot the distractions that can, so easily, lead you astray.
So goal setting is an important task, but how easy is it to achieve these goals?
Here are 10 ways to create and achieve your goals.
- Make all your goals real by first identifying and then focusing on specific, tangible targets for what you want.
- Maintain at least one clearly defined goal for every major interest and role in your life.
- Set your goals so they are directly aligned with your life’s mission, purpose and passion.
- Create goals high enough to ignite your spirit and inspire you to take action.
- Write down all your goals in specific, measurable detail.
- Absolutely, unconditionally commit to hitting each of your targets.
- Share your goals with others for mutual accomplishment.
- Set a whole series of related daily, weekly and long-term goals, complete with starting times and completion dates.
- Take 10 minutes every day to imagine how terrific it will feel when your goals are actually realised.
- Take an action step toward the attainment of at least one goal every day.
To contact one of our specialist consultants call 0207 492 0700 or email:
To download the Finance & Accountancy Salary Guidelines 2013
If you would rather view the salary guide online: