Quick Search

Thomson Reuters Investment Banking Scorecard

The Thomson Reuters Investment Banking Landscape as of July 12, 2013

Investment Banking - the number of Italian companies involved in mergers and acquisitions was up by 30% so far in 2013, with a total value of $30.6 billion. LVMH have acquired an 80% stake in Loro Piana SpA, the cashmere clothing producers at a cost of $2.6 billion. 

Increase in Italian Investment Banking

This means that Italian involvement in the consumer staples market is up to 9% of total activity compared to only 2% this time last year. The majority of merger and acquisition activity undertaken by Italian companies this year has been in the financial, industrial, energy and power sectors, accounting for 72% of overall Italian involvement compared to 74% last year.

Dominating the field in a financial advisory capacity for the Italian mergers and acquisitions was Goldman Sachs, overtaking last year's top contributor Mediobanca and keeping Deutsche Bank off the top spot as well.

US Mergers and Acquisition Rate Falls

Despite a $2.5 billion bid by Kroger for Harris Teeter Supermarkets, the US rate of retail mergers and acquisitions has only reached $12.7 billion for the year to date. This is a decline of 31% on last year's rate, although the total US target mergers and acquisitions has reached $457.3 billion this year, which is up 21% on last year. Around 88% of all US target mergers and acquisitions are by US buyers, which is an increase on last year's 75%. At 18% of all mergers and acquisitions, healthcare is at the forefront of activity so far this year, with energy and power accounting for 15% and real estate in third with 12%.

As Harris Teeter's advisors, JP Morgan remains in the top spot for US target mergers and acquisitions, with Goldman Sachs coming in second and Bank of America Merrill Lynch coming in third in their role as sole adviser to Kroger.

Reduction in Global Investment-Grade Debt

General Electric Capital Corp has this week made a $3.5 billion corporate bond offering, the largest issuing of global investment-grade corporate bonds since June, when $6 billion was raised by Chevron. This brings the strongest weekly total for global investment-grade debt since early June, standing as it does at $14.4 billion. There has been a 3% annual decline on overall global investment-grade debt in the corporate sector, with a total of $1.5 billion to date.There has been an 18% decline in global investment-grade debt from European issuers, whilst in the US it has increased by 19% in the year to date. Morgan Stanley has moved up from sixth place to top the rankings for financial advisors involved in mergers and acquisitions.

Written by Ross Stokes - Banking & finance Jobs London

If you're not sure which career move would best suit your skills and experience take a look at our Job Profiles. The profiles provide advice on the qualifications, skills and experience required for each career option. The job profiles also outline salary expectation, job responsibilities and career progression.

M&A Analyst      M&A Associate      M&A Director      M&A Vice President

If you are looking for advice we have a dedicated career advice section. Our advice is not just generic recruitment advice we have tailored advice for each of the recruitment divisions we work in including: executive searchaccountancy & financetemporary & interimReal Estateprivate equitycapital markets & M&A

To view our M&A Jobs

To contact one of our specialist financial recruitment consultants call 0207 492 0700 or email: jobs@circlesquare.co.uk Connect with us on Google+  & Facebook

Join our groups on Linkedin: London Accountancy Jobs    London Investment Banking Careers 

 

We use cookies to provide you with the best possible browsing experience on our website. You can find out more below.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient. The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission. This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
+Necessary
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
ResolutionUsed to ensure the correct version of the site is displayed to your device.
essential
SessionUsed to track your user session on our website.
essential
+Statistics
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Google AnalyticsGoogle Analytics is an analytics tool to measure website, app, digital and offline data to gain user insights.
Yes
No

More Details